Contradictions in our opinions and personalities is one thing that I think makes us what we are. The biggest selling book of all time is seemingly based around contradictions.
I hope you follow what I mean. If not, let me start with one example that I believe I know quite well. Me.
- I claim to be a working class northerner. I was actually born in Bristol and go to university in Winchester.
- I go to art school but get frustrated with art and much prefer football.
- I’m 5′6″ but work as a doorman.
- I’m a cynic and a realist (read pessimist) but I can see beauty in the simplest of things.
- I like to think I’m quite confident in my abilities but do like constant affirmation.
- I like politics but hate it at the same time.
- I love Leeds United but my god they don’t half piss me off.
I like to think I’m good at writing but consistently close with the thought “well that was a shambles”.